Access to the funding
Through the digital apprenticeship service all employers will be able to:
- select an apprenticeship framework or standard
- choose the training provider or providers you want to deliver the training
- choose the organisation that will assess your apprentices
- post apprenticeship vacancies
If you are an employer who pays the levy, you can also use the digital apprenticeship service to:
- set the price you’ve agreed with your training provider
- pay for apprenticeship training and assessment
- tell us to stop or pause payments (for example, if your apprentice stops their training, your apprentice takes a break from training or you haven’t received the service you agreed with the provider)
By 2020, all employers will be able to use the digital apprenticeship service to pay for training and assessment for apprenticeships.
Separate arrangements will be in place in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Funds will expire 24 months after they enter your digital account unless you spend them on apprenticeship training with a training provider. Whenever a payment is taken from your digital account, the service automatically uses the funds that entered your account first.
This will minimise the amount of expired funds. This will happen automatically. Your digital account will let you know in good time when any funds are due to expire so that you can arrange to spend them if you wish.